Sunday, October 19, 2008

Maple Apple Tartlets

This week, S and I made Maple Apple Tartlets. They were delicious (well, I thought so; S still doesn't like the hot apple thing. I give up.) And they were very easy. The only thing was that I was distracted this week because of my friend's death, and I didn't really think when I was cutting the puff pastry. OOPS. The tarts ended up long and skinny instead of short and fat. I know what I did wrong, and purchased more puff pastry, so I promise to put up photos next time (because Mommy is having these again!)

The interesting thing is that they were good cold too. I wouldn't have expected puff pastry to be good cold, but with the maple drizzle, they were YUM-O. We used Empire apples instead of Granny Smith, and they were a good substitution, I think. More sweet and they don't hold up as well if you cook them for too long, but for this recipe, it's not a problem.

2 comments:

Maria Verivaki said...

hey, good to hear that you are cooking with your kids
i do that too every now and then, and we all have fun together

Patti said...

Thanks! We all really enjoy it, and I think it's a great life skill. Glad to hear others are sharing their joy of cooking with their kids too!