Saturday, November 29, 2008

Thanksgiving

These are just a few things we had for Thanksgiving dinner. Not included are the stuffing, sweet potatoes, stuffing, or pumpkin pie.











This was our turkey. We cooked it on the grill. It was seasoned only with salt and pepper -- that's it, and it was fabulous.






This was the roasted brussel sprouts with dried cherries and walnuts. I promise, even the people who supposedly hate brussel sprouts ate multiple helpings. I use canola and balsamic vinegar. Yum.



These are my decadent homemade mashed potatoes. I used half-and-half, butter, AND sour cream. Thanksgiving is not easy on the thighs.



This is my mom's recipe. It's cranberry-apple casserole, but my sister says we just call it that so we can eat i t at dinner instead of for dessert. It is awesome with turkey!


This is one of the Maple Apple Tarts -- the recipe is from a previous post. It's amazing with vanilla ice cream. My mom, who is not a foodie, was so impressed she took pictures. She also ate 4 of the 6 tarts I made. (My mom is not a sweets eater, so this is impressive.) They definitely do look impressive!

1 comment:

dolly said...

Hello friends,this is dolly smith......
=========
Outsourcing companies In India